Thursday was Grace's first day of preschool. She has been pretty excited to go to school. Poor thing has had to watch all of her kindergarten friends go off to school the last two weeks and has been wondering when she would be going to school. I was excited for her to start again too, she had been asking when she was going to go back since the middle of Summer.
Grace gets a little apprehensive about being left places and I was not sure how she was going to do. She knows the teacher since she went to the same place last year, but as we were getting ready in the morning I got the "I don't want you to leave me there" routine that she does when she is nervous. So, I talked it up and reminded her about all the fun things she gets to do at preschool and by the time we were walking out the door, she was pretty excited. :)
Enjoy the pictures of Grace's first day, as well as some of Katie. :)
We walked in the door, Grace got to put her stuff in her locker and I could tell she was feeling like a big kid. Grace got right to work and remembered the routine from last year. When Kate and Parker and I said our goodbyes she waved us away with a smile on her face. Now, I know you are wondering, did I go away with a smile on my face or did I cry? I am happy to report- a smile! I was just happy that she was happy. (Now last year was a different story- I did cry on the way home that time). And, want to know the best part of the day after dropping her off? BOTH Kate and Parker went right down for a nap! I found myself with some free time, yeah for mom!!
Well, the first day of preschool was a success. Dave picked her up and when she came in the door, she was all smiles. When I asked her what she got to do, her first response was, "I went to recess!" After all, in a kids day at school, that is the best part!
She looks like such a sweetheart! Yeah for breaks from kids!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous kids! You are SUCH a good Mom. I love hearing about your family. I feel like we are still so far away from you.
ReplyDelete